1) What would possess you to join forces with the Scumdogs of the Universe for the 2014 GWAR B Q?
JESS: WE HAVE A LONG HISTORY WITH GWAR, SO NOT PLAYING GWARBQ SEEMED LIKE A REALLY STUPID IDEA. ESPECIALLY WHEN WE GET TO PAY TRIBUTE TO THE FALLEN BUT TRULY IMMORTAL, ODERUS.
2) What can people expect from your set?
JESS: DISTORTED PARTY ROCK AND ROLL, SOME TITS, SOME GIRL ASS, SOME GUY ASS, POSSIBLY A DICK OR TWO.
3) They say the GWAR B Q is the “wildest party anywhere”… What are you looking forward to the most about it?
JESS: ODERUS’S VIKING FUNERAL. HE WAS ALWAYS INTRIGUED BY ME AND BAMS STORIES OF ICELAND AND VIKING HISTORY, SO THERE IS NO BETTER WAY TO CELEBRATE.
4) Now that the GWAR-B-Q will also serve as a tribute to Dave Brockie and Oderus Urungus, do you have any personal reflections on the man and/or the myth and how that shapes your involvement with the event this year?
JESS: I COULD TELL A STORY OR TWO OF OUR MANY ADVENTURES ON TOUR, BUT THEN I WOULD PROBABLY BE ARRESTED.
5) As a fan, do you have a favorite GWAR story? How have the Scumdogs affected your life… go!
JESS: ME AND BAM WOULD COME HOME FROM HIGH SCHOOL AND WATCH GWAR VHS TAPES AT RYAN DUNN’S HOUSE EVERY WEEKEND. I HAVE BEEN A GWAR FAN SINCE BEFORE I HAD BALL HAIR. THERE WILL NEVER, EVER BE ANOTHER BAND LIKE GWAR.