1) What would possess you to join forces with the Scumdogs of the Universe for the 2014 GWAR B Q?
MIKE: Kepone has long been part of the Scumdog army. All three members have played in GWAR at various times over the years. I (Michael Bishop) was the slave of the original BeefKake the Mighty, Tim Harriss was Flattus for a brief time period, and played on America Must Be Destroyed. Ed Trask took over for Hans Sphincter on a tour and played nude!!! It was awesome.
2) What can people expect from your set?
MIKE: Death Piggy covers and blasting old school, 90′s era, noise punk with good vocal harmonies. Kepone is a very powerful live band.
3) They say the GWAR B Q is the “wildest party anywhere”… What are you looking forward to the most about it?
MIKE: I look forward to eating a shit load of meat…
4) Now that the GWAR-B-Q will also serve as a tribute to Dave Brockie and Oderus Urungus, do you have any personal reflections on the man and/or the myth and how that shapes your involvement with the event this year?
MIKE: Dave was my dear friend. He was family. I want people to know what a sweet, and brilliant man he was. I want him to be appreciated for the giant, force of creativity, talent and inspiration he was.
5) As a fan, do you have a favorite GWAR story? How have the Scumdogs affected your life… go!
MIKE: My life was changed forever by GWAR. Everyone in Kepone owes Brockie and GWAR a debt for making Richmond a great place for artists and musicians to work. Having the band here touched all of us throughout our careers. GWAR made our weekends and nights special in Richmond, with parties, crazy outdoor shows, and celebrities coming through town. It has structured our experience of punk rock, music, and everything else.